Friday, May 29, 2009

Google, making the smallest customer feel important

I opened my Outlook today and saw an email from Erica F., subject Google Adwords: Optimization Offer for ICBA (my company).

Oh great i'm thinking, they are trying to upsell me, saying their standard "You could be getting more clicks by increasing your budget." Which is a pretty obvious statement.

Then I read through the email and got to this part:

"Based on a preliminary look at your website and account, i've attached a short presentation to this email wtih some examples of the types of changes we might propose. In order to ensure that the optimization is tailored to your exact needs, I would love to schedule a time to speak with you to hear more about ICBA's marketing goals and objectives. Please let me know when you are available, and I will give you a call at your earliest convenience."

Wow.

Now I know Google has all sorts of fancy databases, and electronic mail systems, etc, etc. But this email is probably one of the best marketing emails i've ever received.

a. They make us feel important even though our tiny account is no doubt just a drop in the bucket, and personalize the email to such an amazingly deep extent
b. They provide me with something that shows value, trying to help me improve my campaign
c. They do a great job of making the massive Google seem smaller by personalizing the email from "Erica"

Just another reason why Google is taking over the world, they are able to make even the smallest person feel important and needed. Now if only I can get over the fear of the possibility of a virus and open the PPT attachment with their "suggested changes".

No comments: