Monday, July 9, 2012

When life gives you lemons, drop the price of lemonade

Traditional thinking and economical principles dictate that when demand increases so should price, at least I feel like that is what I learned in Economics 101 eight years ago. So when I read this article about what Coca-Cola is doing with their Limon Y Nada vending machines in Spain I was rather impressed with the creativity. 


Instead of sticking to the traditional vending machine model which consists of a price probably 100% higher than what you would pay at a corner store or grocery store Limon Y Nada decided to show some compassion for their sweltering customers. On the vending machine they installed a thermometer and as the thermometer rose with the heat the price of a drink dropped.

What do you think would customers appreciate a price-break when they are most desperate for your product? I think it could help make a lifetime fan of your product.  

No comments: